Coronavirus: An intact immune system may be crucial – Naturopathy naturopathy specialist portal
Defenses strengths: With an intact immune system against Coronavirus arm
Regular washing of hands, at a distance from other people to keep, and shopping, as well as in public transport, a mouth-nose protection wear, that’s all you can do against the Coronavirus, or? However, You can strengthen the body’s defenses. Because experts believe that a weakened immune system increases the risk for a severe course of the disease.
The lung disease COVID-19, which is caused by the novel Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, especially for the elderly life-threatening. But not only will you have an increased risk for a severe course of the disease. Also people with weak immunity are at risk. Therefore, it is important to strengthen the immune system.
A lot of advice, are not used
Right now, it is important to strengthen the immune defence system – not only to protect yourself from catching a cold or the flu, but also for a possible Corona infection in the best possible prepared.
Currently circulating on various Blogs and Online advertising sites the various recommendations. However, the majority of the advice is not occupied and the cost is often money.
The consumer service Bavaria has therefore summarized in a recent communication, important facts.
For the immune system important vitamins
As the experts explain, we take the for the immune system important vitamins A, D, C, folate, Vitamin B6 and B12, as well as the trace elements zinc, iron, copper, and selenium in General, having a diversified diet is sufficient.
This also applies to the Vitamin C, which will be awarded in respect of counter-COVID-19 often miraculous powers. For this purpose, but there are no current studies.
Scientists could find no effect on colds by Vitamin C intake.
You really need dietary supplements?
While it is allowed to advertise food or food supplements (NEM) with a certain amount of vitamins A, D, C, folate, Vitamin B6 and B12 with statements of an immune-strengthening effect, however, caution with Supplementation is.
For example, the self-synthesis of the skin when Outdoors, as well as the dietary exposure is sufficient for Vitamin D intake normally. Only in the case of a proven lack of supply, after consultation with the Doctor or the doctor makes sense.
Also in the case of the minerals, an additional intake is only in the case of a deficiency be advisable. Too Much can interfere according to the consumer service in the fine-tuned metabolic processes. And so it is possible that an increased intake of iron preparations, which weakens the immune system even more.
Superfoods: No single food can replace a balanced diet
Currently distributed in some media and social networks to make statements about different foods, to help because of their ingredients, against or in the case of a Corona-infection. These effects, however, are not occupied.
Although so-called Superfoods can be part of a balanced diet contribute to our health.
But in General, no single food replaced alone a balanced diet.
Among the domestic foods with valuable immune-boosting ingredients, including currants, Red beets, green cabbage, walnuts, onion plants, oats, or wild herbs.
Tips for a immune-boosting diet
How the consumer is committed to service, we strengthen a well-balanced colon-friendly diet our immune system and the intestinal barrier directly. As a result, the Penetration of germs and contaminants is prevented in the body and the Occurrence of funded protective intestinal bacteria. The professionals have compiled some tips:
- Daily one to two servings of acidified milk products, such as 150 ml natural yogurt, buttermilk or raw Sauerkraut. The fermented products finally no more heat, since otherwise the auxiliary lactic acid bacteria killed.
- Dietary fiber, among other things, as a feed for the protective intestinal bacteria serve. At every meal, fruits and vegetables of all kind of recommended. That’s the equivalent of two servings of fruit and three servings of vegetables. Cabbage, yellow beets, salsify, or chicory are especially rich in fiber. A plate of pureed vegetable soup with a slice of whole grain bread contains, for example, a dietary fibre content of around 15 grams. This corresponds to the half of the minimum recommendation of 30 grams per day.
- Daily fibre-rich whole grains in breads and pasta, or foods with barley, pearl barley, oatmeal, Bulgur or Couscous.
- Once a week, legumes such as beans, peas, lentils or chickpeas.
- Also, flax seeds, nuts and dry fruits will increase the fiber content in the diet.
- Resistant starch that is formed during the Heating and subsequent Cooling of starch-containing foods, is also an important nutrient for intestinal bacteria. It is included in potato salad, crusts of Bread or salad of legumes.
- A quantity of liquid of at least 1.5 liters to the sources of the dietary fiber essential. In addition, this keeps moist the mucous membranes, which helps pathogens to the immune system Fend off of disease. Suitable drinks: (Mineral)water, unsweetened herbal or fruit teas or heavily diluted juice spritzers (1:4). Carbonated drinks are different to tolerate. Strongly sugary beverages such as soft drinks or pure juices are unfavourable.
- Polyphenols refer to secondary plant substances that promote the growth of protective intestinal bacteria. They are contained in many fruits and vegetables. Abundant in nuts, wild herbs, berries, fruits, olive oil, cocoa, coffee, and black tea.
- Other secondary plant substances such as Glucosinolates (mustard oils) in cabbage, Watercress, horseradish and mustard or sulfides in garlic and onion plants are antibacterial and immune system strengthening.
- An immune-boosting effect does not work like antibiotics. Only if you consume permanently a mixture of the recommended food, the immune system has a Chance to protect the body.
As the consumer service Bavaria declared finally, in addition to a balanced diet with fresh food is also a structured daily routine with enough sleep and at least 30 minutes of exercise in the fresh air is important to our Vitamin D fill memory to stay physically fit and (mental) Stress.
The consumption of alcoholic beverages should be dispensed according to the experts, if possible, and Smoking will be completely prohibited. (ad)